Indian Premier League is one of the prominent tournaments of Cricket. Ever since its inception in 2007, IPL has gradually grown its fanbase and popularity rapidly, with players being bid for dozens of crores every year. Here’s this year auction that went awesomely well with enough notables.
Held in Kolkata, the auction started of by players from overseas being sold for great sums. Surprises include notable names as Carlos Brathwaite, Tim Southee, Evin Lewis, Martin Guptill and Marcus Stoinis going unsold even after calling multiple times!
Today’s auction led each team to pick only 8 foreign players for their teams. Considering this, Chennai Super Kings (8/8), Mumbai Indians ( 8/8), Delhi Capitals (7/8), Sun Risers Hyderabad (7/8), Kings XI Punjab (7/8) and Kolkata Knight Riders (6/8) have utilized the chance well. Where Rajasthan Royals (4/8) and Royal Challengers Banglore (4/8) used only half of their limit.
So far the expensive bid of this year’s IPL gone for the Australian seamer, Pat Cummins for a whopping sum of Rs.15.5crores, bought by Kolkata Knight Riders. Further, all-rounders Glenn Maxwell and Chris Morris were sold for Rs.10.75 crores and Rs 10 crores respectively. Caribbean players as Sheldon Cottrell (by KXIP for Rs 8.5 crores) and Shimron Hetmyer (by RCB for Rs 7.75 crores) were notables. Aside from them, Piyush Chawla was claimed by Chennai for Rs.6.75 crores, making him the highest valued domestic player.
The full list of players being sold today is as follows:
- Saurabh Tiwary is bought by MI at his base price of Rs.50 lakh
- Rahul Tripathi is bought by KKR for Rs.60 lakh
- Virat Singh (uncapped) is bought by SRH for Rs. 1.9cr
- Priyam Garg (uncapped) is bought by SRH for Rs 1.9 cr
- Deepak Hooda is bought by KXIP for Rs 50 lakh
- Varun Chakravarthy (uncapped) is bought by KKR for Rs 4 cr
- Yashasvi Jaiswal (uncapped) is bought by RR for Rs 2.4 cr
- Anuj Rawat (uncapped) is bought by RR for Rs 80 lakh
- Akash Singh (uncapped) is bought by RR at the base price of Rs 20 lakh
- Kartik Tyagi (uncapped) is bought by RR for Rs 1.3 cr
- Ishan Porel (uncapped) bought by KXIP at the base price of Rs 20 lakh
- M Siddharth (uncapped) is bought by KKR at the base price of Rs 20 lakh
- Ravi Bishnoi (uncapped) is bought by KXIP for Rs 2 cr
- Piyush Chawla is bought by CSK for Rs 6.75 cr
- Robin Uthappa is bought by RR for Rs 3 cr
- Jaydev Unadkat is bought by RR for Rs 3 cr
- Pat Cummins, most expensive so far, is bought by KKR for Rs 15.5 cr
- Glenn Maxwell is bought by KXIP for Rs 10.75 cr
- Aaron Finch is bought by RCB for Rs 4.4 cr
- Jason Roy is bought by DC at base price of Rs 1.5 cr
- Eoin Morgan is bought by KKR for Rs 5.25 cr
- Chris Lynn is bought by MI at base price of Rs 2 cr
- Sam Curran is bought by CSK for Rs 5.5 cr
- Chris Morris is bought by RCB for Rs 10 cr
- Shimron Hetmyer is bought by RCB for Rs.7.75 cr
- David Miller is bought by RR at his base price of Rs.75 lakh
- Chris Woakes is bought by DC at a base price of Rs 1.5 cr
- Alex Carey is bought by DC for Rs 2.4 cr
- Mitchell Marsh is bought by SRH at the base price of Rs.2crore
- James Neesham is bought by KXIP at the base price of Rs 50 lakh
- Josh Hazlewood is bought by CSK at the base price of Rs 2 crore
- Nathan Coulter-Nile is bought by MI for Rs 8 cr
- Sheldon Cottrell is bought by KXIP for Rs 8.5 cr
Wrapping up, the IPL 2020 is set to rage fire in May-June next year. The tournament is set to give enough entertainment for fans settled across the nation.