11 Questions to Ask When Getting a Dog From a Rescue
1. Where did the dog come from?
2. How many homes has this dog already had?
3. What is the dog’s health status?
4. What breed or mix of breeds is the dog?
5. What is the dog’s personality?
6. Is the dog potty trained?
7. Does this dog get along well with children or strangers?
8. Does this dog get along with other dogs or other pets?
9. Does the dog have basic good manners?
10. Does the dog have any behavior problems?
11. Will the shelter or rescue take the dog back if the rescue doesn’t work out?